Abilene RC Society

Seabee Park
Abilene Texas

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Battery Short or Jamming ?!?!

Nubee14

HEADS UP ...Has anyone else had a "Brown Out" or lost radio connection with their aircraft near the northeast corner of our field lately ? I have never experienced a connection problem with the T-28 since owned nearly a year and 50 or more flights. But 2 weeks ago while turning base at the northeast corner of the field, completely lost control of plane (200ft up,plenty of recovery time) and demolished it, motor ran full until 20 ft from ground. Now, could have been a battery short or any electrical malfunction, I accept that. Then 4 days later neighbor and member,John, was flying his apprentice in same area for 2nd flight of the day, experienced similar thing and crashed. Now this could totally be coincidence, understood, but need to compare other stories if they are happening. I have learned of 2.4GHz jamming/interference in other parts of the country and other clubs experiencing this by an individual. Again, highly possible coincidence, but don't want to lose several aircraft to piece it all together. According to FCC rules its illegal to Jam/interfere with any station (cell phone, radio etc..) and is punishable through large fines, so if you see or catch anyone doing this, report it please. One site that sells this item is 3 months back order, so they are being sold, although illegal. Description is about the size/looks of a car radio amplifier with antaneas. Just want us to be aware in case it happens to us. Keep em flying !!!

October 17, 2016 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nubee14

Talked to a another flyer today who had a similar occurence in the same spot as he pointed out where he lost control of his airplane. So, we decided that anytime we fly, to pay attention to vehicles parked near the restroom or near the field and watch for any fluctuations in control with the aircraft. Or try to find out if a nearby home may have someone playing RC killer for fun !! ha. Below is a very interesting story that was on Yahoo today about a device capable of interfering and controlling RC's that use DSMX or Specktrum Radios which a lot of us use, I do and so does John who also crashed in that area. Be aware, thats all !!!  Keep em flyin :roll: 

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/drone-hijacker-gives-hackers-complete-control-of-aircraft-in-midflight/

October 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.